Target Recruitment have an exciting new position available for a Transport Clerk within our long term client based in Newbridge.
This position offers excellent experience & career progression along with various other benefits.
Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm – Flexibility is highly beneficial however!
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities: –
- Implementing Health and Safety procedures as per guidelines.
- Managing and allocating staff resources
- Day to Day administration of transport and warehousing paperwork and procedures
- Ensuring transport legislation is adhered to regarding drivers and fleet legislation.
- Monitoring data input on driver’s hours
- Operating Tachomaster system to ensure full legal compliance
- Analysing information to monitor performance.
- Understanding and complying to BRC ,HACCP, CTS ,
- Ensuring all CCP requirements are carried and monitored.
- Effective vehicle routing to ensure minimum cost and maximum customer satisfaction
- Work as part of a team with supervisory staff and management.
- Assisting site meet business KPI relating to customer service.
- Fleet administration of vehicles, service records, defect process, workshop bookings
- Check drivers on and off site to ensure customer service is maintained to a maximum
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in a warehouse/distribution environment (2+ years)
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, and organisational skills.
- Able to communicate with others
- Able to effectively handle shifting and multiple priorities.
- Solid computer skills
- Able to lead and influence employees
- Take the initiative to lead and break new ground.
- Have a can-do attitude
- Ability to make decisions even when they’re tough.
- Deliver solutions to meet customer needs.
- Ability to plan projects
Ongoing training will be given alongside potential of further qualifications e.g, Transport manager CPC.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to progress within the transport and distribution sector.
Please apply if you are interested and a member of staff will be in touch ASAP.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00 /year + Negotiable for desired candidates